Monday, July 4, 2016

Ron Clark!

In July, I had the awesome opportunity to present twice at ISTE 2016 Denver. While there, I was able to visit the Classflow booth. Guess who was there? RON CLARK and a group of his extraordinary students! Let me just start with a few pictures:
 Yes, I dabbed with Ron! Watch out Cam Newton!
My first ridiculous picture, but sadly, not my last!


I love this picture. It will totally be printed and put with my first one (below) from two years ago:
#runners
#runnersforlife
#getoffthebus

I don't know about you, but when I get the chance to see/talk/admire my teaching inspiration I get crazy and giddy! I may/may not have asked him to attend my session at ISTE 2016 on twitter! Ron Clark had such an impact on my teaching and my life. Words cannot really express it! If you have not visited the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta, please put that on the top of your to do list!
 Amanda Mullen (@amandarmullen) and I totally had this group of students take their picture with us! So amazingly polite and mannerly! Beautiful girls inside and out!
Also got to chat with Junior Bernadin (@JBernadin) and Dr. Camille Jones (@drvcjones). Amanda is in the bottom right hand corner...I guess I got a little excited!

  
I know this is another ridiculous picture, but I couldn't help myself! 

This extraordinary young lady tried to help me win a trip to visit Ron Clark Academy again by working out a ridiculously hard math problem! We were so close! #wekilledthatmath
#maybemrclarkwillreconsider

Mr. Clark if you ever read this, I hope you know how many lives you have touched, especially mine. Our school, John Sevier Elementary, will forever be changed by the example you set for us as visiting teachers. We now have Superhero Squads based on your house system. Every student has a colored cape that stands for a Super Power! Our Superhero Squads have changed the climate of our school! I, personally, was reignited by your passion and love for teaching. It stirred and lit something in me that will never be extinguished. Thank you for that, from the bottom of my heart.
-Alyson
#noonecancatchme

No comments:

Post a Comment