Tuesday, July 19, 2016

ISTE Denver 2016

I had the amazing opportunity to present, with my colleague Amanda Mullen, at ISTE Denver 2016. I am beyond blessed to have participated in this event. We learned so much by being presenters! 

Our trip started out great...I was excited to be going to a new city, Denver, that I had never been to before and to present at an international conference which I had also not done before:


But, I need to tell you that I am absolutely TERRIFIED of flying! About 20 minutes into our flight, we had the most awful turbulence:

Yes, those are real, actual tears. Poor Amanda! She had to basically babysit me for the rest of the flight!

After landing, we went to register and we found where we would be presenting. It was so cool to see our session on the board! We are such nerds! We had to get our picture with it!


These are pictures from our sessions! Look how many people there were to listen to us! We had 150 in each of our sessions (we presented twice)!




Here we are in the Exhibit Hall with our "Presenter Badges"! I'm not gonna lie, I felt special! LOL

If you ever have to opportunity to present at a conference, please do it! It was an amazing experience that I am not ever going to forget!

Oh, yeah, and did I mention that I saw my teacher crush, Ron Clark? LOL, don't judge me. I get a little crazy when I see him. He has changed my teaching life beyond what words can express...


No comments:

Post a Comment